Best Thing I Ever Ate: Tailgating Food







You know that show "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" on the Food Network,  the show that captures top chefs explaining one of the best things they've ever eaten?  Well after the big "W" the LSU Tiger Football team brought home from an away game against Alabama, I was inspired to do a tailgating edition of Best Thing I Ever Ate: Tailgating. I'm no chef, but I, like you, know when something tastes unbelievable, and this my friends tastes unbelievable.

The recipe is "Bacon Wrapped Shrimp", and as much as I would like to take credit for it, I can't, it's one of Josh's specialities. Best done on the grill, but don't worry if you don't have access to one, an oven will do just fine! Is it healthy? Absolutely not- but what tailgating food is? Don't say veggie tray because let's be honest, thats the one thing always leftover.  Here's a visual gallery on how to make these bite-sized mouthful explosions:

1 lb of shrimp peeled and deveined (usually 25-30)
1 pkg of bacon (usually 14 strips) cut in half lengthwise 
and halfway cooked on the skillet. Preheat oven to 400F
Other ingredients: jalapenos and nonfat cream cheese
Spread a bit of the cream cheese
Place the pepper
wrap the shrimp with a strip
Cover a baking sheet with foil and pop 'em in the oven!
After 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crispy, pull them out and 
Voila!

Thanks to my hubs for being such a good sport! I pretty much drove him crazy stopping him every five seconds to take a picture, but I know y'all are going to love his recipe. Try it this week at your tailgate or the next time you are having guests over. These bites are soooo good!! 









 
09 10